Monday, August 9, 2010

Strategy is as Strategy Does Which Do you Do?

Due to the nature of what I do in identity theft, a colleague convinced me, after 20+ years of others trying, to get my insurance license. “What did I say to convince you” she asked. "Good timing" was my answer. It involved making sure that having an insurance license made sense in furthering the strategies and goals of the company’s business model. Not simply for the sake of earning additional income. The knowledge acquired along the way helped me to better understand risk in a way I couldn’t before.

As a company that is built on growing other organizations, I state that you cannot grow what you don’t protect routinely. In today’s environment that has never been truer. There is a difference between strategizing your business model and strategizing your activities in the business. Which are you doing? Which one should you focus upon? Taking it one step further, are you sharing it with your employees?

No comments:

Post a Comment